The University of Aberdeen Chamber Choir
The University of Aberdeen Chamber Choir is an auditioned choir comprising students and recent alumni of the University of Aberdeen. The choir specialises in contemporary music and also works closely with young conductors. They have worked with many distinguished composers including James MacMillan, Judith Weir and Morten Lauridsen, and many great conductors including Stephen Layton, Christopher Bell, James Jordan, Michael Zaugg and Ralph Allwood. They regularly tour and have visited many places including Northern Ireland, The USA, and Poland.
The Chamber Choir was delighted to sing for Her Majesty The Queen at Buckingham Palace, and for Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall at a private concert in the University of Aberdeen’s Music Department.
Exciting plans for the coming year currently include the following events, plus a Christmas recording:
- Friday 13 to Monday 16 October, Mini-Tour to Dornoch (Concert in Dornoch Cathedral Sat 14th, 3pm)
- Saturday 25 November, 7.30pm, St Andrew’s Cathedral
- Saturday 9 December, “Festival Noel” Christmas Concert in St Margaret’s Church, Braemar
- Saturday 16 December, Afternoon concerts in Aberdeen Art Gallery
- Thursday 29 February, Lunchbreak Concert, Cowdray Hall, Aberdeen
- Saturday 9 to Sunday 10 March, Joint concerts with the Edinburgh University Chamber Choir, Edinburgh
- Early June 2024, Tour to Northern Ireland
An audition slot can be booked here. https://calendly.com/uoachoirs/auditions
Singers are welcome to audition for both the Chamber and Chapel choirs at the same audition.
We rehearse on Tuesday evenings 8pm to 10pm in the King’s Pavilion. The first rehearsal is planned for Tuesday 27th September.
If you have any questions, please contact our conductor, Sam Paul, via the details on our website.